Thursday, March 7, 2013

Culina at Dempsey: a retake or still the same goodness

I wrote about my lunching experiences at Culina in Dempsey before...and always enjoyed the good and cheerful service, and the good food. I return again and again, and a couple of days ago, while cycling with my buddies, we thought of lunching there.

This sounds like the setup for a poor review...but yowza...I was surprised...the service was excellent. Genuine smiles all round from the waitresses. The food, to let the cat out of the bag, was excellent. The ambience very nice. Superb experience...again.

We shared a Nicoise Salad

Fresh crunchy greens, a very light dressing, and a generous serving of tuna. Very nice.

I had the Full Blood Wagyu burger

This is one fantastic burger. The full blood wagyu was wonderfully tender, fragrant and nicely textured. The patty was cooked nicely, medium rare as ordered, very juicy, and still sizzling when delivered. The fries were magnificent. Thick cut, very crispy outside, smooth, creamy within. A small helping of greens sat at the side. This is a very large serving...I almost couldn't finish it. But finish it I did. Excellent ++ burger.

My friend had the cod...looked good, but I did not try it

A truly excellent place for lunching. A bit pricy, but the premium ingredients, the excellent cooking, and great service made up for it. Highly recommended.

Culina Bistro
Blk 8, Dempsey Road
#01-13 Dempsey Hill
6474 7338
Daily 11am to 1030pm

No comments: