Monday, September 26, 2011

Singapore's Best Biryani? Indian Times is a contender...

Regular readers of this blog will know, I have a special love for biryani. And how I often lament the lack of good ones in Singapore, especially when compared to the wonderful biryani we can easily get in so many establishments in India. Of those in Singapore, I do like those served by Mirchi's, but also by Bismillah. Recently, my friend brought me to this place in the Big Splash, and perhaps its been more than 2 years since my last visit to India...but perhaps Indian Times is really good.

The biryani is served as with either lamb, chicken, fish or prawn. We had a chicken and a lamb for our lunch...with a small pot of black dhal.



Pwah! Fragrance like I have not had before in Singapore. As I mentioned, memories of India came flooding back. The rice, is the real deal...beautiful long grained basmati. Beautifully spiced. With a curl or two of deep fried onion as a garnish.

The meats within the rice was absolutely wonderful. Both the chicken and the lamb was literally fall off the bone, melt in your mouth. Not that either had any bone...they have been systemetically removed by the cooks before cooking. The spices are wonderful. The entire dish was piping hot.



Wonderful. Certainly one of the best I have sampled here. And one I will soon be craving to go back to. Very soon.

BTW, the restaurant also serves kebabs and all the usual Northern Indian menu...which I am sure is quite good...but we were there for biryanis...and it satisfied us.



Indian Times
902 East Coast Parkway
Singapore 449874
6440 5686
Open Daily 12pm-3pm, 6pm-10:30pm

4 comments:

Camemberu said...

Ohh, thanks for this! I love briyani too, but never considered Indian Times for it. To think I live so nearby!

Scenes in Singapore life said...

Thanks Catherine...let me know what you think when you have visited.

Negle kursus said...

The site is worth reading. The uniqueness and structure that shines from this blog post. These days blogs are used in each and every field. The knowledge that we recieve from them has no words to describe. The attribute needed is the power of creativity within yourself via learning, thinking, creating and rigorous study. Therefore the article is truely helpful for the readers. Thanks a lot for providing such a wonderful article. I await your next article with great curiosity.

liverpool1965 said...

great recommendation Peter! I tried it today!