Monday, July 23, 2012

Rong Cheng Bak Kut Teh, now in MidView City

Bak Kut Teh: Rong Cheng

Bak Kut Teh is one of the perrenial favourites in Singapore...perhaps a few varieties exist, but commonly, we catagorize them into herbal "Klang" style or the peppery Singapore variant.

Rong Cheng Bak Kut Teh is one of the interesting ones in Singapore. Others which I do like are the Ah Hua in PSA, and also Bliss Cafe in Sultan Gate. But a new Rong Cheng store opened in MidView City, near Sin Ming, and as I was there with my friends to visit BikePlus and My Bike Shop, we dropped in for lunch.

The soup was nice and peppery, though not as strong in peppers as Ah Hua, but still, pungent and peppery. The meat served was a whole rib...nice, tender, almost fall off the bone, but not overcooked. Very good. In addition to two ribs, I got a bit nearer to the backbone, with some lean, dark meat on the bone. Nice and succulent too.

I particularly liked the well cooked garlic clove served with the dish. Properly cooked, the garlic retains the beautiful flavours, while the sharpness of the garlic is dulled. Nice touch.

overall, I enjoyed the BKT, and definitely worth a visit when I am in the area. Rong Cheng Bak Kut Teh
26 Sin Ming Lane
#01-117 S573971
66841889

2 comments:

ceadsearc said...

Hi Peter, do you mean Founders' BKT or Rong Chen? I believe they are two separate shops so I'm not sure which you're referring to. Thanks.

Scenes in Singapore life said...

Thanks ceadserc, I mean Rong Cheng...I don't know why I had typed Founder's...maybe dreaming...thanks for spotting.

Corrected in the text.